FLA is one of south Florida’s most storied programs. Our athletes and coach have represented Team USA winning medals on the international level. We have won several Florida Sectional Championships, Florida Gold Coast Senior and Junior Olympic Championships. Our Masters program has won the USMS National Championship twice. We have won the USA Swimming Open Water Nationals and our athletes have twice been the top swimmer across the English Channel.
No other team can offer you the experience and fun that Team FLA provides. Our coaches are teaching athletes of all ages and abilities to gain the confidence, education and passion to excel in and out of the pool. We most firmly believe in preparing the athlete for the path. We do not prepare the path for the athlete.
Team FLA was founded in 2004 under the direction of Olympic Coach Duffy Dillon. Coach Dillon is now the International Director for the American Swimming Coaches Association. He is one of the most sought out experts in the world to teach coaches how to improves their athletes, teams, and countries swimming programs
Our staff at Team FLA is experienced, knowledgeable and very accessible. We care about all of our athletes goals and dreams. We will help you achieve individual aspirations by providing coaching, education, guidance, and a fun atmosphere. We teach the most cutting edge knowledge on proper technique, teamwork, and training to achieve all of the above.
FLA is under the direction of Head Coach Duffy Dillon
Duffy Dillon was a 2000 Olympic Coach and a Team USA National Junior Coach. As a very successful swimmer, he won two gold medals and 1 silver in international competition representing Team USA. He is a former NCAA record holder, a National Champion ,and a world renowned A.S.C.A presenter. He brings over 45 years of knowledge of swimming to his coaching staff, athletes, and parents who join FLA.
Our programs have produced SEVERAL High School Champions & Junior National Champions
- Had dozens of Junior National, Senior National, and Olympic Trial qualifiers
- Won numerous local Florida Gold Coast Age Group and Senior championships
- Won the Southern Zone Sectional Championships
- Won the Southern Zone Senior Championships twice
- Won the Masters National Championship for Combined and Women’s Teams
- The quick rise to the top of south Florida swimming had made Team FLA one of the fastest growing clubs in USA Swimming history.
- Age first, then ability. These groups provide an entry level program for beginner swimmers and for those swimmers graduating from the FLA Swim School.
- Practice time will be dedicated to fun, skill improvement, drills, and aerobic development. Swimmers will also gain greater competitive experience, learn about racing, and become more aware of swimming times and goals.
- Prepare each individual for their age appropriate level in the Advanced Competitive program. Please view our meet schedule page in order to see sample suggested meets and championship dates/months.